Among the top 50 cities to live and study in, Brussels was voted one of them. Is the capital of Belgium as good of a place for a student as they suggest?
Universities in Brussels
There are multiple universities in Brussels, educating their students in a wide variety of subjects. Some of the biggest universities in Belgium are located in Brussels and so are several branches of country-wide universities.
List of universities and institutes of higher education in Brussels:
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Hogeschool Sint-Lukas Brussel
- Brussels Faculty for Protestant Theology
- Vesalius College
- Saint-Louis University, Brussels (UCLouvain)
- Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain)
- Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
- Haute École Francisco Ferrer
- École pratique des hautes études commerciales
- Haute École Groupe ICHEC – ISC Saint-Louis – ISFSC
- Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles – École Supérieure des Arts
- Conservatoire Royal de Bruxelles – École Supérieure des Arts
- Institut National Supérieur des Arts du Spectacle et des techniques de diffusion (INSAS)
How to find accommodation?
Compared to other cities in Europe, Brussels is very affordable in terms of accommodation. Many universities offer dormitories for their students to live in, with many options to choose from – all depending on students’ needs and budget. You can rent a room by yourself or with several other students, with or without a bathroom. It’s easy to find flats specifically for students, as a lot of offers mentions their intended demographic.
Brussels also offers a lot of affordable flats for rent near its universities or bus/metro/tram stops. You don’t have to worry about spending hours from your time just to travel to university.
Activities for students in Brussels
The life of a student is not only about studying. It’s also the nightlife, the cultural experience, the socializing. And Brussels offer a lot in terms of them, too. There are many clubs, cafes and places full of life even at night. If you’re the less social type, you can choose between a lot of cinemas, theatres and museums to go to and experience part of the country’s and city’s rich history and culture.